Tiffany - Kansas City, Missouri
Themes: love

They say everybody was meant for somebody else on this earth and that everybody has a special “some one” that they’re put here to find. Some say they found their love during their high school years, and some say they found it on the subway. I say they found luck; nothing more and nothing less, just luck. At least that’s what I believed until recently.

I started working at an “assisted living” (old folks) home quite a few months ago and it has truly opened my eyes to what I call love. Most of the couples there have been together for decades, and to me, that’s true love. Usually the couples there show no signs of affection or anything of that sort (being as a lot of them can’t even function properly at that age), but there is one couple in particular that sticks out to me. Every night they come down for dinner and some time throughout their meal, if you pay enough attention, you’ll catch the old man reaching his bony little hand across the table to find his wife’s, to grab her attention for long enough to let her know how much he still truly loves her.

That reason alone is why I have truly come to believe that if you search long and hard enough, then maybe, just maybe, someday you will find your “significant other” you were put on this earth to find. Every time I start to doubt this thought I just look at all the couples who have made it through everything life could have possibly thrown in their direction, and I see hope, I see faith, and most importantly I see love. Whenever I meet someone who is an elderly, and has never once been married throughout their life, it saddens me because to me that means they never got the chance to share their life with somebody they cared for, they never got that awkward feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you first realize you’re falling in love, and they never had anybody or anything worth fighting for. That is why I now believe truly believed in love.