Josh - overland park, Kansas

So there are lots of things I believe in. Many people have religion, others have their ethics, and some even have their laws, believing in nothing more than gravity and that we all came from apes through evolution. But no subject, as wide as these, seems to be much of any importance to me. I believe in something so minute, that sometimes people forget that’s it’s something worth believing in. Though as selfish as it may sound, I believe in me.

We all want to believe in this but sometimes the odds are against us. It seems there’s always someone better, something too hard to accomplish, or something that doesn’t even seem worth making an effort. Thousands of people each day give up, when there’s still a chance for getting what they want, or need. I don’t feel this is right. I believe that if we believe in ourselves, all the compassion, love, strength, and wisdom seems to work its way into us and keep us carrying on, as if confidence was a supernatural power.

How else could a man lift a car off of an endangered child? Or a woman…, whose marriage is failing, and slipping right between her fingers, where everyday is a struggle to get along with her children’s father, still be able to find enough love to keep things right, and keep the family she built, together? And even in that sense, a single mother raising 4 kids all on her own with only enough money to barely feed and clothe them, still find happiness, and smile while kissing her youngest daughter on the cheek, telling her she loves her with all her heart?

It’s this belief in ourselves that get us through day to day, gives us the strength to carry on, and the strength to hope for better times, and a brighter day, and a colorful future. Turning dreams to reality, life a nightmare, and every one of us into who we should, and want to be.

I believe the future is up to us.