Taranjeet - Lenexa, Kansas

A Fiery Realization

Life. What a gamble. It’s like playing with fire. You never know when or where the element of surprise hits you. Do we ever realize the importance of life? With more than 5,475 days to ponder about this question I have come up with three core beliefs that define my existence. These beliefs are the relationships of family and friends, humanity, and the necessity of laughter and smiles.

Family and friends: two things I couldn’t live without. With their love and support, it is so much easier to pass up on problems and look at life on the good side. There is a quote that pefectly summarizes how people should live life: ‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” This simple quote shows us how valuable life is and why you should live it to the fullest. With my family and friends, I have every chance to.

I also live by the principle of humanity. I realized how a core principle such as humanity played such a key role in my life by simply reading a newspaper. In the newspaper, there was a story on how a man sacrificed his life for a handbag that could have been replaced. How ironic is that a man’s bravery to save a handbag cost him his own life? By taking five minutes to read a newspaper, I learned how humanity made a huge impact on my life and my train of thought. In the end I learned a huge lesson: Humanity still exists.

Laughter and smiles are some things that make up a large part of my personality. I cannot recall a day that I did not laugh or smile. It’s impossible to live life without the simpel joy of laughter and smiles. By simply opening your mouth and laughing or by moving your lips to smile, it can cause a whole bucketful of joy for someone’s life. By doing something so easy which makes such a big impact, who wouldn’t want to smile or laugh? For every sorrow, there’s a smile or a laugh to take its place. So in the end, smile! *Camera Click*