kirsti - Overland Park, Kansas

The Rules

Every single one of us wake up in the morning to get ready for the struggling day ahead. Through out the day we will all at least think bout the one we love, make a mistake, say what’s on our mind, even if we don’t mean it and or misjudge someone by their appearance. Why? Because we are all human. And as humans there is one affection we all strive for. Yes, love. We dwell on the one we love because, we cant have them, have them and we truly believe they aren’t the one for us, or just simply care to much for them. If I could pass on to my child that loving someone is the best show of passion you can show them, I would. We then will make a mistake, for attention? For the pure cruelness of watching another being suffer, or just simple because we need to be taught a lesson? My parents raised me as everything was to be learned from, even mistakes. I too will teach that on to my next generation. Soon after that hardship we all will say something we don’t mean to a fellow friend. You might qualify this as making a mistake but I like to think other wise. I believe it proves true friendship. A fake friend will look at your new black combat boats and tell you they are amazing on you. Then proceed to ask where you got them. A good friend will smile and whisper there cute to you. A great friend will tell you there a fashion statement you can barely pull off but those BEST friends will tell you to never wear them again. There hideous. My kids will be raised to say what is on there mind. As gently as possible. Lastly, we will misjudge a person by the way they die there hair, wear their leather jacket, button their blouse or by the makeup clumped up on their innocent cheeks. The “joks, preps, emo’s, punks or even the geeks” are all different titles given to ONE group of living organisms. Weather my neighbors children are gay, Latin Latino, straight, black, white, Mexican, or Canadian they will be seen the same as my own family. I wouldn’t have it any other way. My little ones may not remember all these keys rules to life bit it sure will help them down the right path to this inevitable journey we face.