Armani - Portland, Oregon

Gang violence has affected almost everyone in America at one time or another. Its either a killing, robbing or drugs involved in these crimes. Although there are a lot of gang members locked up in prison there children and children after will fallow the same path down life, unless we come together and put a stop to all this violence. All along America no matter where you go there are gangs here and there, and there only going to grow and continue. Gang violence has been around in America and the rest of the world for ages and yet we have still not stopped it or slow it down.

Gang violence is a political issue because it concerns safety of the civilians in the city and political leaders them self. Gang violence has affected our public schools and community facility’s making it a dangerous place to grow up in. New York and Los Angeles for example are two of the worst city’s to roam in alone and with out street smarts. Why you ask, because no matter how big and strong you are alone you can do nothing to stop a gang from attack, robbery and murder. I myself am related to some one who has been caught up in the thug life and gang related crimes. My uncle who grew up in Santa Monica got involved in that group of friends when he was young and grew up with no rules and no boundary’s. He started out by stealing small from small stores and moved up to big time stealing including cars. When he was finally caught he was sentenced to 10 years in prison and was sent back to Mexico un able to come back to the United States. It has affected my family and I greatly. I haven’t seen him since I was about 1 year old and haven’t been able to make it down to Mexico to visit him. There’s many story’s like this all around the country which is why we need to put a stop to this violence immediately. Were fighting in Iraq with our troops trying to stop Iraq gangs, but when we still have full out war in our streets of America with many innocent people being robbed , raped, and killed over nothing. President Bush needs to get his EGO out of the way and realize the problems we have here on our home turf before we start trying to take care of another country.

When all is said we as civilians can also step up and be the change by teaching our kids that gang violence and gang related activity’s should will not be tolerated. Lets put our troops on the real front line of war and fix this problem before it gets out of hand and nothing can be done. They will only continue to grow and spread unless we do something to stop this. The government on the US should see this as a big problem instead of turning there back and ignoring this situation. This issue will only continue to grow until the government can realize what’s going on and fix it, hopefully by then it wont be to late to fix.