Ashley - clackamas, Oregon
Themes: Christianity

I believe in the freedom of religion. The freedom to love and God or Goddess and not thrown out of society and/ or be executed. I can show it to anyone and go anywhere with my religion without having it hurt me.

I love that in this large of a nation we can still come together and love one another even though we have different beliefs. America can accept every belief and let everyone believe what they want and not have a penalty under law. All types of churches are allowed and even in court any belief system is accepted to swear upon. My thoughts and beliefs are not put down or thought less of because of any religion I believe.

As a Christian raised child I was told that that was the only true religion. Throughout the years I became a reader and read histories. I read about every religion I could. It was great that I could go to any bookstore and find a book on any religion. I studied them and made my own choice as to which one was the one for me. My father supports me where as my mother doesn’t. Since I live in this great country, I can choose something other than what my family believes. I am protected under the law.

I believe that because of freedom of religion all other choices are free. Most types of sexual orientation is okay to participate in. Spiritual practices are okay as long as it doesn’t harm anyone. Freedom of speech and to peacefully assemble is okay. As well as freedom of press. I can write about any type of religion and any other type of life choices.

During the past few years there has been little news coverage of any religious ceremonies causing any problems. There has also been little vandalism. I have seen news about radical Muslims blowing up many public areas. Even they continue to have freedom of religion. There is little discrimination shown outwardly in America.

This I believe is a happiness I can participate in. I can practice my religion, study any religion and go to any church . I have a freedom of belief that I can express in almost any way. I can not believe and I can vote for my beliefs. I love the freedom of religion.