Simon - Clackamas, Oregon

My friends are a big part of my life. They’ve always been there when I needed help with homework or if I had a problem with something or someone, they’ve been there just to joke around with each other, or just to hang out. I feel like I can do pretty much anything with my friends and have a good time. Even when we’re tired or mad at something, we always find a way around it and have fun at the end. To be honest, I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I didn’t have the friends that I have today.

The thing I like most about my friends is that I can talk to them about pretty much anything. Like if something goes wrong and I feel that I can’t figure out what to do they are there to talk me though it and help me find an answer. And like I said before, when I’m mad or something and I feel like venting they’re there for me but I usually don’t get mad but I do on occasion.

An example of this is 11 years ago my little baby brother died. As you could imagine it wasn’t a pleasant experience. My whole family was very sad and if we didn’t have out friends to comfort us wouldn’t have gotten through it for a long time after to get over it. Well it did take us a long time I guess, but it would have probably would have taken longer. And I was talking to my friend about this and saying how cool it would have been to have had a little brother and how I had dreams of doing stuff with him. And he just comforted me and told me that everything was going to be ok.

Abraham Lincoln once said that “a better part of ones life consist of his friendships.” This is true for me because most of my life has been centered on my friends. I like having time to myself but every time that I am alone I feel like hanging out with my friends. Ether that or I’m thinking of when we last hung out. And I think it’s the same with the world to: if America didn’t have the friends that it does it would be what it is today. Neither would any other country for that matter.

And it’s not like every friendship that everyone has had has ended in a good why and not everyone is friends with you just because they want to be friend with you. For instance, America has become “friends” with other countries basically just to get help or resources from them. But I believe that we’ve become friends with most of those countries and that’s probably happened with other countries too. There are countries that have just walked out on us when things have gotten rough though. But a true friend is some one who stays with you even when everybody else leaves.