Edgar - Riverside, California

Is There Anyone Out There

Have you ever wondered if there actually is someone watching over you, someone protecting you. Although its hard for me to accept it because my family members are strong Roman Catholic believers, I question myself over and over if there really is a god. If there really was a god, would innocent people be dying , would there be children starving. These are questions I keep to myself because I am scared to tell my parents that I may not be a believer.

The reason why I am not sure what I believe in, is because of all the pain I have gone through. I have had three uncles die, two of them went to sleep and while they slept their heart stopped beating, and my other uncle committed suicide. After this occurred I began to lose my faith in god, and I questioned myself, why would god want this, is it his plan to make other people suffer, is it his plan to create us just to kill us. If there is a god why has he not given a sign to prove his existence, and to prove that he is truly watching over us. Another thing that really made me lose my faith in him, was the nine eleven incident. Couldn’t god have done something to protect all those people who died that day

If there really is a god why are we dying, many say because of the sins we have committed, but then why do babies die I am pretty sure they have not committed a sin and yet many babies die. Also, if there was a god why would he want little kids to starve and die while there are lots of millionaires out there who never have to go through this, is it gods plan to make children starve and others millionaires. I do not think so, If there really is one I don’t think he would allow this madness to continue. More over, there are many religions out there, there are some with many gods like Hinduism, and some with just one, how do you prove to one religion that only one god exist, or how would other religions prove to us that there are more then one god. I believe that we the people should help each other, and not wait for a miracle to happen because it may never occur. There are many people who thank god when one of there sick relative recovers, but then again it could have been the doctors who saved there life, and not precisely god, but this is something that we will never figure out because once you die you cant come back and tell your tale. So it is impossible to determine if there really is a god or not, the only way we are going to find out is once were old and die. Until then everyone has there own beliefs for example there are many scientist who don’t believe in god because they believe we came to exist through evolution. However I am not sure what I believe in, part of me believes that there is a god, and that I will be with him once I die, but then part of me does not want to believe this because of everything that has happened to me, and all the pain I have been through.