Jeremy - Bountiful, Utah
Themes: pleasure

I wake up almost every day to look over and see that little red LED on top of my BlackBerry phone blinking almost saying “read me…read me….read me” that little red light means I have an e-mail or message from work. Instantly I think of the weekend and it continuously gives me the power to get out of bed and put on my suit and tie on and go to work which will bring me one day closer to the weekend.

I believe in getting away. Getting away can mean a week vacation to some exotic place or simply taking a small weekend trip to do something different from everything we call regular life and little blinking LED’s. My parents call me Mr. Vacation I would be lying to say that clever nick name doesn’t fit me perfectly. I am gone away from home nearly every weekend year around. I fortunately have been blessed with a different lifestyle than most. My parents have several vacation homes that go untouched besides my friends and I. By being blessed and living this lifestyle of “getting away” I have learned how important it is to really get away from the daily routine and work. I want to state clearly right now I am not a lazy person even on vacation I’m not the kind of person to sit by the pool or sit inside watching T.V. I have to be doing something constantly and on the go at all times.

I do work and have a quite stressful life judged by most would say I am sure. That may be why I take so many weekend vacations that the planning often starts the following Monday after the last weekend ended. I understand that getting away is so important to quality of work and mind during the week. People need to take more vacation its not that they can’t they just don’t. It seems our always connected lifestyle we live in today ruins the idea of vacation time. It is so hard to really get away now these days with wireless internet and lovely mobile phone devices called BlackBerry’s that keep you in touch with the office e-mail day or night and anywhere that really matters.

I believe in time off and swear by it that it truly does make your life seem a little bit better. If people could just turn their computers off and go somewhere or do something different on the weekend the word “Monday” would not seem so bad and put a bad taste in your mouth. At the end of a stressful week a nice weekend is almost a necessity to recharge the batteries to take on what is in store for next week. I think everyone looks forward to the weekend which to most that work at a normal job means time to breathe and maybe have a little fun.

If I can only get one point across I want to get across that people need to have more fun do something different and live life in their time off. It’s sad to hear about all the people that absolutely hate their job and count the hours until the weekend. I am not one of those people that count the hours but I am a person that looks forward to the weekend just like most people surely do. Time off the routine life be it a weekend or scheduled vacation time its important to do something different and live life there is enough routine during the week to have it on your time off mainly enjoy life period.