scott - munster, Indiana
Themes: hope, love

Ask yourself this simple question. Where do people look to find what they believe in? An answer will come back to you and it’s always the same one. People will say, “When a person is looking for a true belief, they will find it in themselves”. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but that did not happen this time. I should of seen where my belief was going to come from. It was so obvious! It came from my close friend Hannah, it was about love, and it was originally a joke. What she said was this, “Scott, you believe in a thing called love. Just listen to the rhythm of your heart! There’s a chance we can’t make it now, we’ll be rockin’ till the sun goes down”. Right after that, it just hit me. That’s what I have to do my paper on! It’s all about some of my most deeply held beliefs. I have love, friends, music, and laughter. Really, what else do you need?

The Darkness lyrics that I mentioned above are really ironic, cause the things it describes are the light of my life. I believe in love just like John Lennon did. I would never kill anybody, or be responsible for killing anybody. I don’t even like fighting. I just love the idea of pure love and how it’s express. It’s the most beautiful thing in the world and I am glad I know how it feels. With laughter, I believe it can solve anything. Now you put that with love and you have a unstoppable force. I believe they can cure and mend any sadness. All you have to do is find it. Which could be very hard in the darkest of times. I also believe in music. Especially music that holds my beliefs. That’s why I love (there’s

that word again) music that talks about love, or music I can bounce to, because that reminds me of having fun and laughing. Really, I can’t explain music that well. It’s just something in my soul that when a song comes on, it catches it and forces my body to move to it. I believe music, just like love and laughter can fix anything. Now, where do you get the last two from? You can get laughter and love from friends! Which brings me along nicely to my final thing I believe in. I believe friends are just important as family. In fact, to me friends are family. Friends are there for your down times, and high times. You can tell anything to your friends and they’ll listen. They’ll help you out in the toughest situations. Like coming up with a topic for this paper.

I know it might sound like much, or be that great. But, that’s what I believe in, and I can’t believe it all stemmed from those Darkness lyrics. Excuse me, I got to examine my life.