Meghan - Logansport, Indiana

My Touchstone

There is one thing I know to be true in this world. I know that God is alive and true in the world today. I know that he has always been here, and will always be there to help me in the future. Although I have not always believed in God, I now know that he is the most important thing in life. It took me awhile to get to this place in my life where I believe, but now that I am here, I know that my faith will never falter.

When I was younger, there was no question in my mind that God existed. I was baptized, and went to church every Sunday morning with my dad. At this age, however, I am not so sure I really knew what anything I was learning meant. As I grew older and hit my preteen years, I came to question my faith, only to regain it just in time for my mother to be diagnosed with Leukemia.

It was with great fortune that I came to believe in God again. I had been convinced to join a Bible Quizzing team, along with my cousin, for her church. It was through this, that I learned a great deal about the bible, and I realized that I believed again. I remember vividly, going to the Christmas service at her church and getting saved. It was definitely one of the most life-changing experiences I have ever had.

When my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia, it seemed like the world was falling down around my whole family. Nobody knew what to do or who to turn to for help. It was during this time, that I started to talk to my mom more and more about God. There is now no doubt in either of our minds that without God’s helping hands, she would not have been healed.

From the moment I got saved, God has been an important factor in my life. Even though there were moments I doubted him, I always regained my faith in the end. I know that without Him I would not have been able to get through pretty much anything I have gone through. Beginning my first year of college has only helped me to realize even more, just how important He is. I believe that He is my one true touchstone in this world, and I am thankful everyday for the life that he has given me.