Kylen - Madison, Wisconsin

What I believe:

I believe that instead of learning useless facts in school, we should be learning things that well actually use in life, such as learning how to succeed in different careers, and how to make it to the top. Now I know many kids would think this is boring, but it would be useful and would teach us how to lead a rich and fulfilling life. Also things like having longer lunch and recess are very important. If we have a longer recess we will get more fit. Plus having a longer time to eat is clinically prove to help you think better, that’s why we should also have snack time.

Another very important thing is having less homework. Many kids when they get in the higher grades can’t find time in there lives to do important things like sports. I know I’ve had nights where I started my homework right after school and didn’t get done till 10 P.M. Then I have to wake up the next day at 6:00 and go to school again. Don’t you think 7 hours of schoolwork a day is enough? Even after a couple hours of homework a night, some kids are too tired to do anything except watch TV and play video games. That’s one reason why so many kids are over weight, and they continue that habit through out their lives.

I believe that in high school you should pick several careers you are interested in and mostly just learn things that are needed for those careers, you should also learn how to be an upstanding citizen in your community. After middle school you’ve learned most things every person needs to know in life and more. So after high school you would know everyday basic things and have a much more detailed knowledge of the career you’re going to do.