Ariana - Madison, Wisconsin

This I believe

I believe that… Every man, woman and child should never have to experience hunger.

In the Declaration of Independence it states that every man is entitled to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. I don’t know how happy you would be if you were hungry. I mean the U.S produces a lot of food. It’s not like we don’t have enough food. And the wastefulness, it’s disgusting. I see people throwing away whole lunches at school.

I think that prices of food are really expensive. At the super- market the prices might not seem so high when you’re browsing. Once you get to the checkout line it all adds up. We’re paying ridiculous prices for food. What are we going to have to pay for next? The oxygen we breathe? I mean come on.

Usually when you think about hunger, you think about Africa. Right? There isn’t just hunger in Africa its world wide…not just overseas. Right now in the United States of America people are going hungry. Wait this is the Land of the Free and the Home of the brave right? How can people go hungry? A country that was founded on life, liberty, and the pursuit happiness? There are people living under the overpasses, living out of garbage cans. Starving and begging for food it’s ridiculous. It’s not like we don’t have enough money to feed people. Cause we all know that’s not true. If you donate money to help stop world hunger, great Job I admire you because you are doing something to help. One last thing that I think is ridiculous. When I listen to the radio or watch the news, and they are talking about world hunger they always say, “At risk of hunger.” I don’t get it, either you are hungry or not…

That’s why I’m trying to help