Lauren - Berrien Springs, Michigan

My biggest philosophy that I have learned so far from my 16 years on life is that everyone should drink milk daily. I have two primary reasons why drinking milk is the best thing that you can do for your body.

Reason 1: Do you want to be tall and lean or fat and mean? Milk has calcium that helps you have strong bones. 28 million Americans get the disease Osteoporosis when they are older. Milk can help you fight from getting Osteoporosis when you are older. One cup of Fat Free Chocolate Milk has 30% Calcium compared to 0% in soda. Milk also had 25% Vitamin D and 24% Riboflavin compared to 0% in soda.

Reason 2: If you haven’t noticed yet, milk is very stylish these days. From the big screens in Time Square to your high school cafeteria, you will find someone rockin the Milk Mustache. In my high school cafeteria, there is a big poster of Kelly Clarkson with a microphone in one hand and a glass of milk in the other. Alex Rodriguez, a famous third baseman for the New York Yankees drinks milk daily. Alex states, “The protein in milk helps build strong muscles and keeps athletes going strong in the game.”

Not only does milk provide you with loads of calcium but it also can help with problems when you get older. Milk replenishes the soul and gives you the extra edge you need to keep your day moving whether you are singing on stage or hitting a home run. With so many different flavor milks including chocolate and strawberry, you just can’t go wrong. It is also the perfect pair for chocolate chip cookies. If you haven’t started drinking your milk daily, then now is the best time to start. Please drink milk; it will do your body good. This I believe.