Kiki - Lexington, Kentucky

I have lost glass slippers, lived with seven dwarfs, followed a rabbit into his hole and even conquered Cruella DeVil. I believe in the world of Disney movies. I have grown up watching Disney movies and I still watch them today. I have wanted to be Disney characters and the movies have made me a better person. These movies also have songs that can be heard a thousand times. Disney movies have shaped my life and have made me who I am today.

When I was 6, princesses were definitely the coolest. Cinderalla became my favorite Disney movie. Cinderella is a classic and is the basis of almost all movies. A person has nothing at first and in the end is something amazing and has conquered evil.

After watching Cinderella many, many times I put on my best ragged clothes and sat in the middle of my kitchen floor and scrubbed down the whole thing. I felt like I was the coolest person in the whole universe.

This wasn’t the only time I have wanted to be like a Disney character. My friend Margaret and I would spend the whole day playing the The Little Mermaid in my pool. We wanted fins instead of legs and a whole new world under the sea. We never did get fins but we enjoyed every moment of acting like Princesses of the sea.

Disney movies are still my favorite and I believe my life will end like a Disney movie and the movies have also helped me with my life now.

Every one of these movies has a moral. I have learned these morals and put them into my actual life. In The Fox and The Hound, the fox and hound become best friends even though they aren’t suppose to be. This taught me to accept people for who they are and that people different from me can become my friend.

They have also taught me that if I set my mind to something that I want I can succeed. I have learned this from both Dumbo and the Little Mermaid. Dumbo wanted to fly, he kept trying and finally he succeeded. The Little Mermaid wanted to become human and never gave up. Like them, I keep trying till I succeed in what I want in life. I have learned many things but the best thing is the songs.

Most of the songs in Disney sound cheesy but they are from the heart of the Disney character and that’s what makes them so great. They touch my heart, show me how the character feels and are fun to remember and sing. It’s what makes a Disney movie a Disney movie.

Disney movies and songs are part of my life. I have enjoyed every movie and every song. They have helped me to become a good person and have made me who I am today. I believe in Disney movies. I believe in the HAPPILY EVER AFTER!