Micahel - East Moriches, New York
Themes: parenthood

Most people think that being a housewife is easy, nice relaxed lifestyle that has its bad moment, but relatively it’s a nice way to go about your life. Well that’s basically all wrong, being a house wife is a very hard job. Unless the people live in Beverly Hills then it’s a whole other story.

I believe that being a housewife is overlooked at, and it is a hard job. Let me put this into perspective, you’re baking 12 sheets of cookies for Christmas and you have three two year olds that are all twins nagging at you to go and tape Spiderman. Oh wait one of the kids wants you to tape Sesame Street, you only have one tape left and you tell them you can’t tape and now it escalated and they start to kick and scream, Fun Times, Fun Times.

Things like this cause a lot of strain and tension on the mother. This might not be one of the most physical grueling jobs out in the world today. But it is one of the most psychological jobs out there. Everyday you are in a war with your kids and after three hours of the battle you want to rip out your hair.

You also have to take care of the kids, feed them change their diapers and taking care of them when their sick. Taking care of them while they are not well is a whole new level, you get throw up on sometimes, clean up the throw up and most of the time you get sick too, which is not very fun.

So next time when you get home from a hard days work and think you got it bad because of some reason. Think of the wife across the street who just dodged millions of toys being thrown at her, puke on her new shirt from little Enrique and a mind blowing headache and you will realize that you have it good because you can get sleep at night, because your kids don’t wake up every five minutes. So remember don’t overlook the job as a housewife. This is why I believe being a housewife is a hard job.