Paul - East Quogue, New York

Choices

The choices you make in life could change your next day or your life as a whole. Many people make choices that they might have regretted later in their life or wish that they never made that choice in first place. The summer after 8th grade I was faced with a choice to make. The choice I would have to make would be to go ride my bike at the school or go home and eat lunch with my family. This seemed like a very easy choice but little did I know what the consequences were going to be.

Of course I chose to ride my bike at the school. As I was riding my bike I thought it would be a good idea to try and jump a milk carton. I didn’t succeed. My foot got stuck in the front wheel; I fell on my collar bone and broke it. I went to hospital, waited there for hours and finally I was looked at and my arm was put into a sling. This choice later led to me having to spend the time on the sideline during the soccer season, and I was very limited to any activities. I later realized that this was a horrible choice and I have regretted it ever since.

People make choices everyday, even if it is as simple as what to wear, what to eat, or what to say. People sometimes make great choices and sometimes make horrible choices. I have made both good and bad choices in my life, some of them I regret and others I don’t. Making choices leads to me to believe that you must think before you act and always think of the consequences you might be regretting in the future.