Michael - East Quogue, New York
Themes: sports

I believe that physical fitness is more important today than ever. Too many kids and adults today are not getting enough exercise. Obesity rates have skyrocketed in the past years and more and more people are dying each year from it.

The tendency for most kids today is to go to school, come home and do their homework and then usually play some type of video games or go on the computer. They are spending their time in hobbies that do not require physical effort and this is not good for them. Kids should go outside and play or participate in an extracurricular activity at school like a sport. When someone does an extracurricular activity there is a chance for that person to make new friends while doing it, which you couldn’t do while playing video games.

Although physical fitness is a great physical exercise it is also a mental exercise. When you exercise your pituitary glands produce endorphins, which makes you feel great physically, feel good about yourself, and able to concentrate better. If you don’t exercise, you will not have any motivation to do anything and you won’t feel confident in anything you do. Physical exercise helps you keep in shape and with it your life expectancy will rise. If you sit at home and play video games or watch T.V. all day and eat junk food you will most likely become obese.

Becoming fat is not the only negative effect of not getting enough physical activity. There is high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and other diseases. If you don’t exercise or get any type of physical activity during the weeks, you will most likely be stressed and you will get angry often.

Unlike years ago where kids only source of entertainment was to go outside and plays with their friends, kids today rarely ever do that. So I stand in my belief with physical fitness is more important today then ever.