Cynthia - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: children

In today’s world with both parents working harder and longer to survive making ends meet; where parent must rely on day care centers or trusting young teens with arriving home to an empty home.

I believe that these children will find opportunities to seeing the best in others including their playmates, school peers and teachers to embrace differences in others and they will challenge the current work focused culture. I believe that we will foster a more inclusive and diverse culture where every boy and girl can aspire the dream of being the next president.

I believe in the future of the next generation of our children who face fear every day whether that fear is real to be snatched at a moment notice while waiting for a school bus or riding a bike, or surreal with the virtual video war games.

I believe that these children will have the ability to bring forward innovation and technology which would be scoffed today.

I can say this with confidence of a mother of three boys being born in different generations with my eldest born in 1977 with the X Generation tag, my middle child born in 1989 as a member of the Y generation and my youngest son in 1994 as part of the millennium crew.

My experience is not tainted with just my own children’s attitude and resolve. It expands to their colleagues, and friends. Every young man and young women seems to express their views in ways that make me believe that the future will be better than today. They seem to accept the fact that they have been given uncertain world but embrace these challenges with new ideas and energy as we had dreamed of in the 60’s.

I believe our future is much brighter than our past or our present for I have faith in the next generation. My confidence is based upon my 30 year old son who questions corporate governance, my 17 year old who defends many scientific arguments during every dinner hour and my youngest who just turned 13 who is so gentle and kind to reassure me that the future will be much brighter than what I see today.

I believe that our country will be a more stable and balanced society than we see today due solely to our children. I believe in the future because I have seen the sparkle in the eyes of the next generation and have faith that the world will be a better place for all.