Jacob - seattle, Washington

I believe in doing what makes you happy and living in the moment. Doing the thing that makes you happy can often lead you to your future goals, rather than just focusing on one goal. Living in the moment presents new opportunities. If you’re open to these opportunities you can find new and exciting challenges.

This belief has been formed by experiences. At times when I am stressed out and worrying about things, I tend not to do my best work. When I am doing what makes me happy, I become more relaxed and it can almost always help me concentrate better and work harder. The motto that best describes this belief is “don’t worry be happy” which makes the point of choosing things that you would like to accomplish or achieve.

I believe that everyone can benefit from this belief because everyone has something that makes him or her happy. For me what makes me happy is snowboarding. Every time I am up in the mountains it makes me feel more relaxed and clears my head. It always relives stress and makes me happy.

Another activity I do that makes me happy is baseball. While it is something I enjoy doing it gives me many important skills. It helps my work ethic, and teaches me to work hard for my goals. All these very important life skills come from an activity that I enjoy doing.

This belief can have many misconceptions. There are many cases in life where you will have to do something that doesn’t necessarily make you happy. You just have to do the best you can do and not stress out about it, then move on. If you never did anything that you didn’t like, you would miss out on a lot of opportunities.

My belief has influenced me in many ways. I look for new challenges that make me happy. I try to learn from these new experiences so I am more prepared for the next challenge. I believe in doing what makes you happy and living in the moment.