Dustin - skowhegan, Maine

I believe in my friends. I first found this out the day I started school. Starting school with friends there already with you at school makes the day go by a lot faster and easier. Without having my friends there, I would be left to do everything either alone or with somebody that I don’t know.

A friend is someone that will be there to bail you out of jail when you didn’t make the right choice. A best friend will be sitting in there with you. Real friends will always be there for you whether the times are good or not so good. Friends should be people that can be counted on no matter what. They will come and pull you out when you are stuck in the mud in Bingham at ten o’clock at night on a Friday night. Even when they would much rather be out doing there own thing, they still come to save the day.

Good friends are hard to come by. A lot of people have a lot of “friends”, but if you can count on you hand five really good friends, those you can count on at anytime of the day no matter what, then you are doing good. I believe that most friends that you will have in your lifetime will only be there when the going is good and things are great, but they won’t be there when you really need them. These people are friends but they are more like acquaintances.

I believe in friends for all of these reasons because I know that all my friends that have don’t this stuff for me.