John - Castle Hayne, North Carolina

Have you ever held the door for someone or helped an old lady cross the street? What about greeting someone with a handshake, and saying “How do you do?” Do you ever wonder what impression you may have left for this person? I bet you’re wondering now when the last time you even did some of those things or maybe you thought about doing those things but was too frightened to take action. I believe in making first impressions, whether it would be a good one or a bad one. It shows the true inner-self of the individual and leaves a stamp of approval or disapproval for that person. It is like going to the DMV to get your license. Consider your license card an act of approval to say that you can drive. I think this is the same for first impressions; that license card or a handshake opens doors later on or closes them sooner than you expected. Even if you think you did something that was unnoticed, there is always a self-satisfaction in doing something for others that makes unnoticed things noticed.

Impressions go a long way and I believe that everyone should make the best of them before it is too late to do so. After all, there is only so much time and time sure does get eaten away quickly.