Chris - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: hope

I believe in miracles; all different types not only the big ones but just the little everyday ones that nobody realizes or notices. The big ones that everybody realizes like: a person coming out of coma, or a child beating out his cancer, or someone that was paralyzed walking once again. A great example is in Lance Armstrong’s case where his doctors gave him less than a forty percent chance of living, and what did he do he beat out his cancer. That is a miracle alone but then the fact that he went on to win seven straight Tour de Frances. For that reason and along with many more he has become the inspiration to many. I believe that miracles happen everyday whether it is in a church somewhere and it is a new person coming and believing in Christ or at a hospital somewhere where some family finds out that one of their loved ones is going to make it miracles do happen everyday.

I think that one of the main reasons that I believe in miracles so strongly is that when my little brother was four and a half years old he was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. When my family found this out it was a huge shock for our whole family. Nobody could figure out why he had it but the main thing is that he has it and we now just need to go and get ride of it. He responded great to his chemotherapy and within the first week he was into remission. That was when I was like wow okay he is going to beat this out and I was like it is a miracle that all of the cancer was gone. He went on a maintance program for almost two and a half years until it came back and we hade to deal with the same ordeal all over again. I thought to myself that man I need a huge miracle this time and once again it came and he got better. I was just hoping that this would be the last time that he would have to go through with it. What happened though, two days after Christmas this year I get a call form my dad that said it came back once again and this time it is going to be worse because he was going to need a bone marrow transplant this spring. So as this spring rolls around I just hope that my brother and my family can get through this and maybe just maybe we will get another miracle.