Tiffany - Antioch, Illinois

I believe in soul mates here on earth. At a young age, I began to wonder if there was someone out there for me. I would look at my parents and see the happiness and love they share together and wonder if I would ever have that. In my mind, my parents were made for each other. Together, they complete a circle in life that many of us struggle so hard to find. Most of the relationships in my family started in high school. My mom and dad are high school sweet hearts, my aunt and uncle are high school sweet hearts, and even my grandma and grandpa are high school sweet hearts. That makes me wonder; have I already met my high school sweet heart?

The mystery of soul mates continues to challenge my mind day to day. I walk through the halls of my high school with my boyfriend and wonder, “Is he the one?” If he is, how will our lives be together? If he is not, then who? Do I walk past that person everyday or have I never seen him? Is he thinking about me while I am thinking about him? Even though there are so many questions without any answers, I still believe in soul mates. Just as a young child believes in the tooth fairy, I believe in this even though I have no proof.

Soul mates are one of those great mysteries in life, just like what a person will grow up to be or how long they will live. We attempt to picture what our soul mate will look like or how they will act. We narrow down our possibilities in an attempt to figure out who our soul mate might be. Is dating not just a big game of “Guess Who”? Sure, it helps build our character and strengthen our bonds with people, but in the end, are we not just looking for that perfect someone? That someone that we want to wake up to every morning; that someone we feel like we could talk for hours with; that someone we know cares about us as much as we care about them.

Soul mates are meant to complete us and make a circle in our lives whole. Somewhere in the world, there is someone out there to make every person in this world complete. I have always pictured soul mates as two pieces of a puzzle fitting perfectly together. Apart, they have a purpose and a meaning, but together, they make something much bigger.

Soul mates are based on a lot of fate and destiny. It is truly chance that two soul mates meet, but it is one of those chances that was meant to happen. Today, some how, somewhere, in this world, a person has met their soul mate. Even though they may never have known each other, they managed to find that someone in the world that completes them. To me, that is truly amazing.