EI - 49024, Michigan

I Believe in Buddha

Everyone wants to be happy and healthy. Nobody wants to be in trouble. Even babies, animals, and insects have these wishes. I have been getting these wishes since my childhood. It has been my main wish in my life even during my dream. I spend my whole life working hard to fulfill my wish.

I spend much time and energy for my living and happiness. I also have to solve many problems in my daily life. What has been the result? Instead of my wishes being fulfilled, social suffering has continued to increase while the experience of happiness and peace is decreasing. This clearly shows that I need to find a true method for gaining pure happiness and freedom from misery.

When things go wrong in my life and I encounter difficult situations. I tend to regard the situation itself as the problem. If I am angry to respond to difficult situations with a positive or peaceful mind they would not be problems for me. Indeed, I may even come to regard them as challenges or opportunities for growth and development. Problems arise only if I respond to difficulties with a negative state of mind. Therefore, if I want to be free from problems I must learn to control my mind. This is the way which I believe in Buddha.

It is impossible to describe all the good qualities of a Buddha. A Buddha’s compassion and wisdom are completely beyond conception. With nothing left to obscure his mind, he sees all phenomena throughout the universe as clearly as he sees a jewel held in the palm of his hand. Through the force of his or her compassion, a Buddha spontaneously does whatever is appropriate to benefit others. He has no need to think about what is the best way to help living beings. He naturally and effortlessly acts in the most beneficial way. Just as the sun does not need to motivate itself to radiate light and heat but does so simply because light and heat are its very nature, so a Buddha does not need to motivate himself to benefit others but does so simply because being beneficial is his very nature.

A Buddha is a person who is completely free from all faults and mental obstructions. There are many people who have become Buddha in the past, and many people will become Buddha in the future. There is nothing that Buddha does not know. Because he has awakened from the sleep of ignorance and has removed all obstructions from his mind, he knows everything of the past, present, and future, directly and simultaneously. He benefits all living beings without exception by emanating various forms throughout the universe, and by bestowing his blessings on their minds. Through receiving Buddha’s blessings, all being, even the lowliest animals, sometimes develop peaceful and virtuous states of mind. Eventually, through meeting an emanation of Buddha in the form of a Spiritual Guide, everyone will have the opportunity to enter the path to liberation and enlightenment.