Taylor - Boulder, Colorado

There are many things that I believe in. There are many things in this world in which I know and care about that are believable to me. There are many things that I could believe in. But only one thing sticks out to me when thinking about always moving forward in my life. I believe in self reliance, the reliance on one’s own efforts and abilities.

There are many people in your life here to help you, but the only person that can truly fix you completely is yourself. So I hope you can trust yourself. Because that’s the only thing you are, is yourself. It may be hard to deal with sometimes, but even so you will have to keep moving forward from it. There are times in life when it seems like the world is working against you, and that’s when you need to rely on yourself.

There are times people tell you you’re wrong and you can’t do it. Just give up and give in. There are times when it seems like that world is against you in everyway, that everything is your enemy. There is only a certain point in which you can handle it. You can fight and fight and fight and still be ok. But when that point comes you know. It’s when the weight of everything is too heavy that it crushes you. It can crush you into a million little pieces. But no matter how many pieces, in the end of it, you are the one that is left to pick them up for yourself. You know the people that you can go to for support to help you pick them up, but for your own strength, you pick up the heaviest pieces.

You know, there were so many people who I trusted and loved, one person in particular, I let this person into my life in everyway, there were no secrets. This person was always my support and always there for me. But is funny, the one person who I let into my life more that anyone, was actually the person who contradicted everything I believed in. I believe in self reliance more than anything. But when this person was by my side, I felt like I didn’t need to rely on myself because they were there to help. But the one person who I completely trusted to help me through life actually made my life something harder than I thought it would be. Before that I was fine. I made it thought life with no worries because I was the most self reliant person I knew. I could do anything. But when you lend your life to someone so much, its hard, after being so inevitably deceived by complete surprise, to be so self reliant. But that’s what you have to do. You have to carry on.

Being self reliant makes you strong, and when you’re strong you can do anything. And that’s what makes or breaks us right? That’s what separates those who are able from those who are not. I for such a long time was completely able, and I lived for it. But then after something happened I was not. And they always say that moving on is the hardest. And that’s why we have to be self reliant, self determined and self motivated. We always have to live strong to carry on. There are those people who constantly seem to wear us down, and those people are why you have to look at how much you have already accomplished, that you can do anything and not let anyone tell you otherwise. You have to remember to always live strong. Those who make your life harder and bring you down only want to bring you down to their own level. You may cry your tears, or have your breakdowns, or think you simply can’t do it. But you can. Do it for yourself.

Self motivate to do something you have always dreamed of, you can do it if you really want it and work hard enough. Self depend so you know you can try anything without fear and not be broken down into those little pieces you are so terrified of. And self rely so you know that when all else fails, you are the person who is there for yourself. Live strong and carry on. I believe in being self reliant.