The Passion of Art

Yoo In - Qingdao, China

I believe that passion to express oneself is the most important human need. We express ourselves by chatting to friends or family, messaging and e-mailing. But, myself as a teenage girl who dreams of being an artist. I live with the passion of art. Like an aurora borealis, which shows puzzled colors, I could also express my puzzled feelings with my passion.

I was passionate about colors, imagination and emotional expression rather than chatting, messaging nor e-mailing. I believe sentiments can bring either illness to people or vitamins that make people energetic. If people do not share feelings and just hope others to notice without a word, others will never notice and people will get depressed.

On the other hand, if people share feelings with others, everybody will be sanguine like they had taken vitamins. However, I had to express myself, as I was alone in a different country, where everything was different from my home. Nevertheless, wherever I was, I had passion to express my thoughts. My emotions on the canvas were a colorful tornado. The tornado was just about to suck up everything in the world but the target was in maze.

The tornado included my happiness, sadness, loneliness and my belief for passion. Expressing my emotions, it has changed me as being mature, independen, and optimistic. However, sometimes, I looked around streets and tried to find a cozy place that I can be alone to think by myself. In Edinburgh, where the history of Britain still exists from the architecture, there was a place with the smell of turpentine which is a liquid used for cleaning oil paints. I went into the place with curiosity and sneaked in like a cat. It was an art studio with a few artists. They were busy painting their canvas. I thought I was not the only person who expresses emotions differently. Everybody has their own way.

When I expressed myself on a canvas, I was in a dream world, a place which is full of flowers and animals which usually appears in animations. I believe in people’s heart there is a washing machine that spins feelings and tries to hide from others, but it is better to stop the machine and share the emotions.

I believe that having passion to express oneself makes humans alive. God created livings things to share expressions. Lust has a tremendous power that can change and satisfy humans. I believe without fervor to express, the world will be full of grey clouds covering happiness.