Kirsten - Chanhassen, Massachusetts
Themes: love

I believe in the power of love. This power can cause a seemingly normal person to act crazy. It can melt even the coldest of hearts. Love causes people to do things they never thought they would ever do. It gives some people a reason to get up in the morning, a reason to continue living. Unlike a powerful lighting strike, you can’t see its power. Although one may argue that you can see it in the way a mother cares for her children, or the way young couples can’t get enough of each other. It is a power, I believe, larger than life. It makes you look at everything in a positive light, no matter how unfavorable the circumstances. You find yourself smiling for no reason, laughing much more, and finding joy in the little things. Love makes life plain better. Love has the power to do amazing things; like heal and forgive. The power of love is a sort of common denominator for every human being. No matter how perfect or horrible, how young or old, how popular or unpopular, how successful or unsuccessful a person is, that person deserves to know and feel this power. Its power fills one with such unexplainable happiness. Love cannot be compared to anything. Many people try to compare it to a beautiful sunset, a perfectly cut diamond or even a huge piece of chocolate cake. None of these comparisons even come close to showing what love really is, how it tastes, or what it looks like. This power is strong yet gentle, it is extremely loud yet sometimes you can barely hear it, it is visible everywhere yet when you look for it you never find it. It is perfect. I am blessed to know this power for myself, and this is why I believe in the power of love.