Beatriz - Northlake, Illinois

To get old is mandatory to grow up is optional

I’m glad to be me to think and do the things I do. I’m really positive about everything; I have my struggles in life, and get angry once in a while. I have problems like every human being but it doesn’t stop me. I believe in more than one option, there are always things to choose from. There’s always a second chance if we try and deserve it. I’ll make it to wherever I want to be or go. There are no limits, life is short one-hundred years is the most a person could live. No more than one hundred years or even less. In those years by trying not to lazy and not giving up the world will change for good. I want to be somebody not only for me, but also for the world, explore it and take all the juice that’s in it.

I thank my parents for being the person that I am today. For raising me the way they did, and by showing me how life has a lot of roads. And showing me where to choose from, and that’s my decision where I want to go. Who I want to be. They had been a great example for me because they were raise in a place where there were little opportunities to choose from but, they wanted to success and with their effort they did. They came to this country, with my grandpa, and realize the American Dream.

I grew up with my parents in the city. They had giving me a wonderful childhood. They had warm me of the world and show me how to protect myself because one day I’ll be an adult like them with a lot or responsibilities and choices I have to choose on my own. Whatever it is I have decide to do is my decision my life and if I don’t like it I could always go back and change it as long as I’m happy and it’s reasonable. They have also been with me , I rally thank them for that. They don’t let me make all the decisions on my own because, sometimes I don’t know what I really want. I don’t really know the consequences. When I was a sophomore I wanted to drop out of school, and get my ged but my dad didn’t let me because he knows education is really important. He share with me his experience. How he drop out and it was hard to go back, to continue with his education because of his children. I had the opportunity to make it all the way and he didn’t want me to blow it.

Like all teenagers we have a hard time growing up and realizing that we got to make decisions on our own. It don’t matter where we came from but how far we can get. I had a hard time adapting to my new neighborhood because all my friends were far and I’ve been really close to them. But I’m glad I did because I know I wouldn’t had the same goals and motivations as today. I just hope that my friend go back and change, make something out of themselves before it’s too late because the streets don’t give them nothing only risking their lives.

I see a world with different kind of people; honest innocent people, ignorant, realistic, hypocrites and even two faces, they think it’s a good to have two different lives but they’re only hurting themselves, or to act something they’re not by imitating people. I am and feel I’m proud of my ancients where I came from and where I grew up. I believe in living a world of honesty and dream like if I’m never going to die but live each day like if it’s the last one. Be with whom I want to be and do whatever I want to do because I’ll always make no matter what just a little effort but their no impossible. I love remembering that what goes around comes around.