Elmer - El Paso, Texas

This I believe

This I believe, That my family will be whole again; in October 2003 my daughter turn one year old, on February 2004, by wife was deported, in June 2004 I lost my job, on August 2004 our house caught on fire. This I believe, my family will be whole again

Losing my job is not so bad, I had been lay-off or quit before so finding another job is not really hard but I can’t bring my wife back and make my family whole. Rebuilding my house is not so hard; it’s the home where my three kids were growing up with our dog. Rebuilding the house is easy, hire the insurance contractor, hire my own contractor or be my own contractor. That’s what I did, it took me year and half, and I did it. But I can’t bring my wife back and make my family whole again.

This I believe, that my family will be whole again. Deportation was hard on me and my family, I move the little ones with my wife because the babies could not be without there mother. I move my wife from the city of deportation to another city were she will be safer, we rented a house, when the oldest finish his school year I move him with my wife. We have the kids in school in that country, we had another child. (we want six kids). We made the kids dual citizenship. I say “WE” because being a family is the decision of both of us. What I can’t do is bring my wife back and make my family whole again.

This I believe, that my family will be whole again. I do everything I can to be with them but I am a foreigner in that county, I speak the language but I don’t read and write the language, so I cannot work there. I do everything I can to make them happy and safe, but I can’t bring my wife back and make my family whole again.

This October my daughter will by 5 years old, I will be there, but I can’t stay because I have to go back to work. One day I will come home from work and be home with my family because This I believe.