kevin - Qingdao, China

This What I Believe

Movies make people zombies. Who are dazed easily can hallucinate. Moreover, movies often show unbelievable stories. Because of this most teenagers can’t see what the real world is. I am the same. I don’t know enough about my own country, South Korea.

If North Korea and South Korea became reunite, it would be a miracle. I believe in miracles, but they only happen when you have strong a desire for your wishes and you give your best shot to make it happen. Everyone has their individual wishes. For me my wishes are; having luxury clothes, brand new games, a pretty girlfriend and for North and South Korea to be reunited.

Wishes, wishes, what kind of wishes do you have? A luxury sport car? A giant house near the beach? Or having a great life with no worries and only joyful things? We are living on an earth full of illusions. We think that wishes are just impossible to accomplish, but there are some successful cases. I believe that my country, South Korea, will become a union again soon.

I still remember when I was nice years old, I was laying down on the bed with my grand mother and watching a TV program. On TV, they started to show North Korea. I thought I felt nothing, but as soon as I saw people on TV, I simultaneously got a shock and my fantasy of North Korea became smithereens. While I was flabbergasted by my other country, my grandmother told me an unbelievable story about her family. She left her family in the alien country where she can never visit or even call them. I think it’s really serious because once we were all one country and after the civil war we became divided. As most people know, North Korea is communist, and South Korea is a democracy. It is really complicated to combine both countries into one society.

When I was fourteen years old I found out how North Korea is. They are not as rich as us, people are starving, and they have an eternity of work to do. It is a not an enormous country, but it has a special peculiarity. All over the world, many people feel Korea is only one country that has not been united. Some people living in North Korea, still have family living in South Korea. Nowadays, with all the efforts from South Korea and North Korea governments, North Korea agreed to support a place that dispersed families can meet. This is the one beacon for the consolidation of Korea.

I know there are some things that are impossible to achieve. The point is that we should never give up on our wishes or dreams. I believe that Korea will become a union again one day.