Beverly - Nlorwood, Ohio

I believe in the power of prayer and have had more than one miracle happen in my life as a result of praying. I was married for 16 years to an abusive, violent alcoholic. After much praying and counseling, I finally found my way out of a hopeless situation and was ready to start a new life.

I won’t go into all the details but I must say most of the men I met left a lot to be desired. Many of them were put off by the thought of children. Considered kids to be excess baggage. Some were even scared off by the fact that I had a house that needed lots of work. After a couple of years of dating and being hurt and disappointed, I was becoming tired and weary of trying for a relatiionship.

One day I was sitting on my bed, looking out the window. I felt so lonely. It suddenly dawned on me that I was going to have to face the fact that I might never find anyone to love me again. I started praying. “God, I am not doing well at this dating game. I realize I may have to live the rest of my life alone. If that is your will, I accept it. I turn my life over to you. I have made such a mess of it and I realize I can’t do it alone. I need you to help me. All I pray is that you help me accept it and live my life the best I can. But, God, I really believe I would make someone a good wife. If there is someone out there for me please let me find him.” I felt peace after that prayer.

Two weeks later I met the answer to my prayer. I knew it the minute I saw him. Then when we were introduced and he started talking to me, well I just can’t describe how I felt. This was not a lustful feeling, a sexual attraction. It felt like something good had come into my life. I can honestly say since that day the feeling has never left me.

We were engaged after six months and married one year later. We have been together for almost 18 wonderful years. It would have been impossible for me to have found a better man. He saw my children as a blessing and he saw my house as an asset and turned it into a beautiful home.

I thank God every day for answering my prayer and giving me the best husband any woman could ever ask for.