Brittany - Glendale, Arizona
Themes: parenthood

I believe in challenges

I’m just a high school senior so naïve to the world around me. I have so many goals and dreams in mind and big plans for the future. I think that I’m grown and ready for anything that is thrown my way. The advice that adults give you, you blow off because you think you know how the world works and all the tricks to it. I also used to think that I knew everything and had the world in my hands, or that I was untouchable. Little did I know I learned the hard way and found out that I’m everything but that.

My plans after high school were to go straight to college to become a juvenile probation officer. I would work at night and have everything I ever wanted, have my own place, and party every weekend, and just live my life to the fullest and have fun being a kid. I would have time later in life to settle down and raise a family and work for the rest of my life after I got my career goals established.

My life has been changed drastically in the last 2 months. I found out I was pregnant 2 months ago and that I will be someone’s “mommy” in 7 months, and for the rest of my life. Now I have to step back and think about my future and the choices I make from now on, not only for myself but more so for my son or daughter. Not only will I be helping other kids I don’t know to make their life better as a probation officer but my life and my child’s life better by being a good mom. I always intended to work hard but now I must work hard to give my child the kind of life it needs and deserves.

My baby is due August 10th, 2007 3 months after I graduate high school. I look at this as a new chapter, adventure, and challenge in my life. I don’t look at this situation as an accident but more as an adventure that God wanted me experience now. This baby will motivate me to be the best mom, gilfriend, and person that I can be. It’s not only life changing but a wonderful, blissful experience that not many people can enjoy. Everything in the end will work and be ok because I’ll make sure to make it that way.