Sean - Glendale, Arizona

This I believe… that heroes are not ones who wear capes and fly around they are people who work together for a common goal to help better mankind.

Growing up I always saw heroes on TV; superman, spider man, and the fantastic four… but these heroes are fictional… the first time I ever saw a true hero and recognized them as one was on September 11, 2001. I watched the television as the planes struck the towers. I watched hundreds of people franticly run around wondering what happened. Then I saw something that burned into my eyes and I will see it forever. Men and women in uniforms flooding in, not out, of the giant sky scraper. These people faced fear head on because they new people were in danger and they could help. Thousands of people pulled together that day and showed me that you don’t have to have special powers to help someone; you just have to be willing.

To me heroes are people who strive to help each other when they are needed the most, and without thinking about the consequences and are there to lend a hand.

I am going to be joining the United States Air Force when I turn eighteen and its not to become a hero. its to do my part and strive to make mankind a better place to live for generations after I am gone as hundreds of people have done before me.

I believe that heroes are not ones who wear capes and fly around they are people who work together for a common goal to help better mankind, This I believe.