Ashley - glendale, Arizona
Themes: love

I believe that everything happens for a reason. So if something doesn’t happen, it just wasn’t meant to be.

At age seventeen I swore up and down that he was the one I’d be with forever. I mean I imagined our wedding, kids, and living happily ever after. Little did I know my fairytale was full of unfaithfulness, lies, and Justin didn’t feel he same. After three years he had cheated, lied, and confessed that he didn’t love me anymore. My whole world came crashing down and my heart broke in two. How could he do this to me and what was I supposed to do now. He was my first and only love and now I could never love again… Then someone finally helped me realize this may have happened for the better, when they helped me open my heart again.

Steven H. This name probably has little or no importance to you, but it means a lot to me. When I hear or think of this name it reminds me of the strength I developed to get over my first love. This boy helped me realize that I wasn’t being treated fairly, and every girl should be treated like a princess. Although this relationship was brief, I learned so much from him, and I’m thankful for once having him apart of my life. While I was dating Steven I was able to turn Justin down when he had realized he wanted me back and had made a huge mistake. Thanks to Steven I was able to avoid getting back into a situation that would have led me nowhere in life, and I turned down Justin.

That’s when I realized that everything happens for a reason. Sure Justin and I shared good and bad times, but we just weren’t meant to be. Although he may have crashed down my world, I am no longer bitter about him breaking my heart. It may not make sense to you, but this helped me to be stronger for my future and my life. As for Steven, even though we dated for a short time I learned a valuable lesson from him. Relationships require trust, without it there is never a chance for love, and love is the best feeling in the world. Thanks to Steven I knew I was able to meet a new person and open my heart again. I am a stronger person now, and I make trust my number one priority, right next to love in a relationship. Now even though Steven and I don’t talk anymore, I thank him for helping me get through a difficult part of my life. I know that it all happened for a reason and some day I will eventually find my prince.