Tyler - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe that the further you go in you education the more successful you will be in your life.

For Example, My sister has gone through many years of schooling just to find the career that she feels would be the best for her. After high school she was undecided for a long time, about what she wanted do with her life. She started out her education after high school by going to a community college not having any intensions of ever getting her bachelors degree. However, after one year of full time work in a restaurant she knew that she wanted to make something of her life. After completing to year at the community college she decided to continue her education at ASU. She still did not know for sure what career she wanted to get into. After stepping up her study habits and developing a strong desire to learn, many fields opened up to her that she would have never dreamed of getting into. She graduated from ASU Honor College at the top of her class and then decided that she was going to take three more years of school to become a lawyer. I think that because of the amount of education she took, she really learned a lot of things that didn’t really relate to what was being taught in the classes. She developed a strong grasp on the world around her and how to get the best of it. She is now happily married and will soon be starting at a law firm with a salary greater that $100,000 a year.

On the other hand my brother took a much different path in life. He dropped out of high school to work, and from that point on everything went down hill for him. He got into trouble with drugs and ended up in jail. While he was there he earned his GED and by the time he was released he had a new look on life. He had been married for awhile already however, unlike my sister’s marriage, they had many problems. Though he had made the mistake of dropping out of school he now had the desire to learn and started to turn his life around. He got a decent paying job and started to make changes to his family life. He rededicated himself to his kids and tried hard to become a good husband. Though his marriage did not work out and he got a divorce, he still is very active in his kid’s lives and tries to help his x-wife as much as he can. He has really made a huge change to his life and though he is not and never will be as successful as my sister has become, he have a lot of success in his life due to his new-found desire to learn.