Justin - Glendale, Arizona

I believe in order to be happy you need to have fun in life.

Usually when people have fun they’re happy. When I have fun I get happy. If I’m out doing something like sports, shopping with my girlfriend or just stay home beating up my little brother, it makes me happy because it’s fun. If I’m not having fun I get sad. Sitting in bed, working alone at work or just watching TV, I get bored and sad. When my friends call me while I’m sitting in bed to ask if I want to play some basketball, I usually tell them no or make up some story that I can’t.

On every, or close to every, Monday I get bored at home, so I go to my dad’s house to see him and my other brother I don’t ever see. I get there and we play videogames or board games. Then we would probably watch a movie and eat. I have so much fun there, I forget about any problems that I had that day and it makes me happy. Then when I go home I’m in a better mood to go to sleep.

At work I always have fun. With everyone to talk to and a slow pace of people, I get happy knowing it won’t be a dull day. However, if it’s hard work, busy, and no one to talk to, it gets really stressing and boring. Some people might like this, but I sure would like at least someone to talk to. It happens to me at least once a week.

I believe in order to be happy you need to have fun in life. Some people can’t have fun by being sad, bored, and still be happy.