andrea - glendale, Arizona

I believe in family.

At a young age my parents did not take care of my brothers and sisters because they were to into being with there friends. They were not even stabled and they didn’t have the money to take of us. And they were also planning on getting a divorce and they just couldn’t take care of me and my siblings. Luckily my uncle can to take care of us.

He taught us all right from wrong. He showed us how to care for each other and to treat each other with respect. It also made us really close to him because he was the only one there for us. Also got us everything we have now and got us through a lot of things.

My relationships with my parents have changed since I was younger. I don’t really talk to them that much and I really don’t tell them things like how I talk to my uncle and tell him every thing because he was the one to take care of us. Plus he was there my whole life unlike my parents. It would have been nice to have our real parents take care of us but I guess things don’t always happen the way we want it to.

My relationship with my brothers and sisters is really good. We all grow up together and took care of each other. Even though we may get into fights we still loved each other like nothing ever happen. I always looked up to my sisters for every thing because they were the girls and my brothers just took care of me and made sure nothing ever happen to me.

Although my parents were not fully in my life my life still turned out to be really good. It really helps me to grow and be a better person without my parents not being there. Some people say that if you don’t have both of your parent’s thing will not turn out so good. But I can say am really happy the way things turned out.