Dennis - Glendale, Arizona

I believe that we should all live in a stress-free life.

Everyday I notice people, including myself, get stressed over different things in their lives, which range from serious to trivial. I have seen kids give in to the demands of school and parents buckle under the pressure of working and dealing with the kids. I have also seen people stress over things such as what to wear a certain day, or how their football team is doing. But wouldn’t the world be a much better place if everyone would just calm down and enjoy the one life you have?

I don’t really understand why people who are stressed continue to be so. There is no benefit to it. It saps energy from you like a vacuum does with whatever it sucks up. There is no health benefit and can actually do you much harm, as I have learned. Then why should we continue to be stressed? I think the reason for this is because we all have become accustomed to it. Stress is a part of our daily lives, almost like another family member. It might not have started out that way, maybe just a short stressful situation here or there, but has grown over time. Now we worry about everything, things that shouldn’t even be considered. We now need to learn how to be free from the shackles of stress.

I have lived a stressful life, with the responsibilities of friends, school work, home, and a job. I look to my friends and see them without bags under their eyes, enjoying a night out when I’m stuck studying in my room. Then one day, I realized “Why put myself through this?” Why can’t I enjoy life with everyone else? So I just simply stopped stressing out. It’s as simple as that. As a matter of fact, I’ve adopted the style of life known to me as “Easy Breezy.” The whole philosophy is based on taking what life gives you and enjoy it to the maximum amount. My life is greatly improved now and I feel much more relaxed.

Stress is a terrible thing and can break a person if you let it. Aside from the obvious health benefits, a stress-free life can allow you to truly enjoy life and all it has to offer. After all, life can’t be fully enjoyed if you are too busy stressing out. Too busy worrying about who’s going to pick up the kids, or how you’re going to do the laundry, go grocery shopping, and make dinner in one day. Of course, how can you just stop stressing out about things like these? Ultimately, you can’t. But you can cut the unnecessary fat away and be able to move more freely, and live life the way it was meant to be lived. We should all live in a stress-free life. This is what I believe.