I believe in laughter.

m - USA

I believe in humor, and joy, and seeing the bright side of things in everything. But why? Doesn’t the old saying go “laughter is contagious”? When you laugh, you’re not only letting your happiness show, but you’re also giving the gift of joy. You laugh, then someone asks why, and then they laugh, and someone asks them why, and so on and so on. You may have heard the best joke in the world and by telling someone that joke you can make their day. Laughter is like a rain shower after a thousand year drought. Why did the chicken cross the road? To make people laugh.

Laughter is like medicine for the soul and mind. Why is it that when you laugh you somehow feel better? Sometimes you’re so happy you feel like you’re the queen or king of the world! Whereas, if you’re depressed and unhappy you feel like you’ve got the weight of the world on your shoulders. Whenever you’re happy, everything else just seems better. Think of when you have a cold, you feel groggy, tired, and like you’re just about to die. It feels a lot like when you’re in a bad mood. All you want to do is curl up into a ball in your room and die and you want everyone to leave you alone. Then, suddenly, when you get better, you feel incredible, with the strength of Hercules. You feel like you can do anything. That’s what laughter is, medicine for the mind and soul.

Have you ever heard of those stories, or seen in those movies, that man who sees a woman from across the room and immediately falls in love with her smile? Have you ever thought that that could actually happen? It’s not true, the fact that everyone is shallow and only likes you because you’re blonde, or really good looking or have a great body. For some people it’s enough that you have a good sense of humor. Let’s face it, no one wants to be with a cranky pants. No one likes to be around a person who’s got a bad outlook on life, and criticizes everything. Why not be with someone that you can have a great time with? Or someone who laughs at your jokes no matter how stupid they are.

Laugh. Be happy. Smile your way into someone’s heart. Be the sparkle in their eyes whenever they smile. I believe in laughter.