Paul - Key Biscayne, Florida

Time…a master thief.

It is of far greater value than gold or diamonds and yet the rich and powerful cannot buy it. Presidents and Heads of State have no more than you or I. Time, so fleeting is marked by life events…a marriage, a birth, carefree summers, a fist day of school, a death, a child’s first steps, an illness, a first love.

To often the ebb and flow of our lives have been molded by an endless stream of in your face beer commercials which remind us and of course, more importantly, our kids to “please drink responsibly” and pharmaceutical companies’ pitching a pill to cure every ill while their tranfer of liability is to “ask your doctor”…about their drug. But please don’t ask us about dangerous sides effects, the falsified clinical studies or financial incentives we give doctors for selling our drug.

Our society creates “superstars” with little or no talent, pandering to outrageous and offensive behavior. You need look no further than the pedestal of undeserved fame and money bestowed upon sports figures. Am I the only one offended? I think not. I will leave reality TV and rap alone…it is what they deserve…but suffice to say that is an inexcusable legacy for our children.

Our world is shrinking…lost in a maze of technologies. By the time you exhale and realize how fast paced life has become your yesterdays may indeed outnumber your tomorrows.

If you really want to live forever; have a lot of pillow fights, return a smile, watch the sunrise, laugh a little longer, fly a kite, dry tears with a bear of a hug, spend time with your kids, make popcorn, always watch fireworks and walk on the beach. For doing these things you will not increase or decrease your time here on earth, but for those who you let in to share these moments, they will remember you forever.