Christa - Clinton Township, Michigan

I believe scientists will find the reason why so many children are being diagnosed with autism.

Just as I believe each child afflicted with autism will find a voice; whether it’s their own or that of a family member or friend.

I believe my son will someday make a true friend. Someone who will accept his differences and look at him with respect for all that he has gone through.

I believe my son will someday have a girlfriend and that he’ll find the courage to ask her to a movie, to a dance or out to dinner.

I believe my son will be able to drive a car someday. I believe he’ll be able to negotiate through traffic and not have a meltdown if someone cuts him off, or he gets lost or whatever else could happen.

I believe my son will be able to go to college and live on his own and achieve his goals, whether it’s designing games or becoming an animator; he’ll put his mind to the task at hand and just do it.

I believe my son will someday get married, buy the house of his dreams and have a son or daughter that he will love unconditionally.

I believe I will live to see all of these miracles that some take for granted. I believe this because it’s what keeps me going every day. If I didn’t believe, I don’t know how I’d get through the day.

I believe in you William. Follow your dreams and think big.

The extremely proud mom of William who has achieved so many goals including, but not limited to, taking the regular ed bus home from school, talking to other kids, walking 2 miles in the Cure Autism Now walk, and having the courage and strength in himself and leading our congregation in prayer as he became a Bar Mitzvah on December 16, 2006.