Melissa - melrose park, Illinois
Themes: love

It was early one Saturday morning, I happen to be at work in St. Sylvester Parish, where I have been working three years. Usually many parishioners come in to give donations of some sort, and this day was no exception. A middle aged woman came in and began to tell me, how much she love to help others, and how that makes her happy. She told me that her whole life was surrounded by the things she loved most. She also told me that her greatest happiness was doing what she loved to do. She then left and said these words to me “Love who you want to love then you will be happy”.

I believe that the greatest happiness comes from the love you have for others. Many people would argue because, they might think that the love they have for other brings them great sadness. Which I have to also say is also true. I lost my father about two years ago, and the love I had for him brought me nothing but hurt. In a way my father’s death is what helped me shape my belief. Even though it brought me many days and months of sadness it also brought me happiness. I say this because when someone you love dearly is suffering you do what is best for him or her. I knew my father would be better if we let him go, I also knew he would be happy. That day I was also happy because I knew that the strong love I had for him lead to his happiness.

I believe the love you have for others brings you happiness. I love my family so I spend time with them. I go out with them or even just stay home but either way I am happy. I love my friends and the smallest five-minuet conversation makes me happy. In my small family gatherings and my phone conversations, I come to find what many people tend to look for happiness. The key to my happiness is my family and friends. This I believe.