Chi - Austin, Texas

I believe shopping is a necessity for girls. Shopping is the study of how fashionable a girl is. She wanders through the mall for several hours or even days, trying to find the latest trend and styles, how much style she has and what is “cute” in her dictionary. Being able to pick out whether these shoes match with that shirt or whether the skirt is too short or if these jeans don’t match with that blouse, can really give a girl a headache However, it’s still a necessity.

Shopping is girl’s best friend. When feeling down or blue, shopping helps relieve stress. When feeling bored, shopping is a fun way to help kill time. When all is lost, the mall is where it can be found.

When I went through a stage of depression, shopping was the medicine to my pain. It let me free my mind from everything that was bothering me. It let me think of clothes rather than thinking of “him.” The enjoyment of being surrounding by other people and what I love, clothes. Feeling joyous and excited help me completely forget about all the negativities. No girl can say that shopping does not make her feel happy, because it actually does. The good feeling of a new purchase, a feeling of “Damn I look good in that new outfit!”

I believe shopping is great. I believe shopping creates a sense of individuality and creativity. I believe purchasing clothes is a way to show your personality and express your style. None the less, I believe that no girl can say NO to shopping. Not only is it fun and exciting, but it’s a great way to get to know your inner self, a way of feeling your personality and knowing what you like. So, I believe shopping is a necessity for girls.