Reza - Portland, Oregon
Themes: freedom

This I Believe… I Believe in Freedom. I believe freedom, democracy and hard working American people are the main reasons that transformed The United States to become the richest and the most powerful country in the world.

I believe at the heart of the freedom is democracy and core foundation of democracy is the election process. Making sure that every vote counts and counts correctly.

Current electronic voting machines don’t generate a hard copy as a backup for possible recount.

I believe by consolidating vote by mail system and the ATM machine technology we will be able to create a superior voting system. A system that is faster and more reliable.

It is faster because we can utilize tens of thousand of ATM machines for voting. It is more reliable because it creates hard copy for recounting.

In each modified ATM voting station, there will be two election officers to make sure that voters have proper identification and documentation for voting. The officers on each station will provide the voters with the voting card to vote. They also keep a log of people that are voting in their station including their signatures.

Voter will enter his/ her identification number then will make his/ her selection. ATM machine will print out a ballot/receipt with the name of the selected candidate.

Voters then will place the ballots in the blank envelope. After sealing the envelope will place that into the 2nd envelope. The voter then signs and seals the 2nd envelope and will insert that into the ATM machine. ATM machine will then print the name of the voter on the envelope.

This system has checks and balances between Banks and election headquarters.

Election officers are responsible to send the logged information to the Election headquarters. Banks are also responsible to report the election results of the same number of people to the election headquarters.

Election headquarter will make sure that these two number are matched.

I believe government can negotiate with participating banks to modify some of their ATM machines which are located in covered places (like malls) for voting, and pay a transaction fee to the participating banks for the casted votes.

This will be a win win win satiation. It will be a win for the democracy to make sure all votes counts and counts correctly. It also will be a win for both for the government and participating banks. Government will benefit by saving millions of dollars on election expenses. Banks will benefit because it will generate more income.

I believe by utilizing the ATM technology and vote by mail system we will be able to set a higher standard in election process for other countries all over the world.