Cuc - Pflugerville, Texas

I believe in deadlines. As a former editor for the school Newspaper, it didn’t seem that a day passed by without hearing the word “deadline,” which most of the time was used as a treat or associated with: “what? already?” Usually for me, this meant throwing something together as quickly as possible. The mere purpose of finishing surpassed eminence. As long as I got it done. My belief quickly was applied to not only my work ethics but became my way of life. I believed that the finishing product wasn’t measured by value but merely whether I did it or not. I believed that living meant just getting by, no need for anything exceptional. I believed that with no one to judge me, I could get through life unnoticed without comprehending that I was being judged everyday.

We’re allowed to move freely on an everyday basis, making conscious decisions as to what we do but when it comes down to it, it’s all about what you have to show for it at judgment day.

My former belief quickly became diminished as I adopted a more profound way of thinking leaving my childish theory behind. Like I said, I believe in deadlines. I believe that the good you do will not go forsaken. That getting by isn’t as satisfying as making the journey worth it and that for everything. I believe a time constraint exists and a cut-off date is attached to every ending. So don’t be surprised when life creeps up on you with a deadline of its own. Our days end as soon as it begins, quicker than the blink of an eye. As we lay our heads down to rest, another deadline has just passed. The time is now. Our deadline is now.