alyssa - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: purpose

I believe everything happens for a reason; wouldn’t you agree? You may look at ‘not being able to spend time with your friends because you had a prior-to-the-fact family engagement’ as a cruel and unusual punishment, and while you may hate your parents for it now, you’ll probably thank them later.

This about it this way, if you really meant to do something or go somewhere, don’t you think the cards would have played out in you favor? The truth is, everything in the world has its place, and if you aren’t in the place you want to be, chances are, you weren’t suppose to be. I believe that the quote “Everything happens for a reason” can be applied to any situation in life where an explanation is needed for why something did or didn’t happen. I couldn’t tell you what made me believe so strongly in this explanation for confusion in life, but I can tell you that I’ve believed in it as long as I’ve been able to believe in anything.

Say your boyfriend of a year broke up with you for absolutely no reason what so ever other than the fact that he just “doesn’t feel the same anymore.” Talk about a heart break, huh? Now most girls would cry for weeks on end and beat themselves up over something that they shouldn’t be crying over. It’s just a guy, their not worth your tears, but it’s not your fault because there is someone bigger and better for you out there. The point is people look at the situation in the worst way possible way, but I believe in a more optimistic approach. I’m not saying I wouldn’t cry and be depressed over the whole situation; I’m just saying it’s nothing but some soul searching and a tub of ice cream couldn’t fix. I’d just have to sit myself down and think through what really was under my control and what wasn’t because there’s not point in getting upset over something you have no control over. If my boyfriend of a year leaves me, it’s not my fault, its fate. Him breaking up with you tells you something. That there’s someone out there is waiting for you. You know it, but you don’t. All you can do it just sit there and live life because it’s full of surprises, and you don’t know what’s on the road ahead of you. Obviously you guys weren’t meant for each other, and its okay, because “Everything happens for a reason.”