Victoria - Pflugerville, Texas

I Believe In The Power of Family

I believe in the power of family. Family surrounds us through the difficulties, and achievements, day in and day out. Family is there through the times we wish we weren’t. My parents have always tried their best to understand me, and my brothers and sisters have always tried to cheer me up, if I was feeling down. And for that, I could never turn my back on them. I strongly believe family is the number one influence in our lives, and I am veru proud of mine.It is a cliché to say, “Blood is thicker than water”; and sounds a little cheesy. However, the meaning rings just as true today, as it did then.

I am proud to say the power of family, is very lively in my life today, and has always been. No matter what you do in life, your family will always your family, whether you and your family are on good terms or not. As we get older, a lot in our lives will change. After grade school is over with, you will move out into the real world and shockingly be caught off guard by with a rude awakening. People out in the real world do not care if your dog ate your paper. It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there and at the end of the day, after all is said and done, your family is the only ones you can run to and fully depend on to be there for you when you need them.

I do understand sometimes family is the last thing you want to see, because they’re completely driving you crazy, however, in the troublesome occasions, they’re your number one fan. Four years ago, my mother passed away in a car accident. This took us all by surprise when we realized we no longer had a mother to nurture and love us. We still had our loving father, knew he would be there for us, but we understood it would never be the same. This is when I realized, there will be times in life, I’ll feel like the entire world has come crashing down on me, and at the end of the day all you have is your family.

I believe in the power of family. They help mold us, shape us and define us into the human beings we are today. My family is the reason I strongly feel this way, and I can only thank them for their kindness and their influence on the shaping of my beliefs. Without the enduring times I have experienced, I would not appreciate the family I have today. Over the years I have learned that with a tragedy in the family, there is only one way to go, and that is up.