Olenka - Skowhegan, Maine

I believe that people cannot live or be happy without fun.

Fun comes in many forms. Sometimes fun is disguised, but it’s still there and allows everyone to get through the day and feel good. Fun even makes things better when the going gets tough. For example when a person is stressed out or has way too much on their mind, fun cures its all. It takes a persons mind off everything and relaxes them. Then everything is all better after that. It’s sort of like a reset button. Without fun there would be no enjoyment and everyone would be moping. The holidays wouldn’t be full of joy anymore and people would lose interest and spirit. Children would be unhappy and it would make it harder on mothers and fathers because not only do they have to cork, cook, clean, but now they have to deal with an unhappy child who will not cooperate.

All entertainment would be demolished. Thousands of people would be out of jobs because there would be no need for places like Fun Town/Splash Town USA or toy stores like Toys ‘R Us. There wouldn’t be movie theaters. Life would be pointless without fun; it is one of those nouns that is an absolute must in life just like love and food.

Extracurricular activities are other ways of entertainment too. I used to play soccer after school. It was the best because it got me into shape but most of all it was fun. It made me happy. When I tore both ACL’s and meniscuses and learned I couldn’t ever play soccer again, however, I was instantly unhappy. Luckily, my school offers other sports, and after two surgeries, I discovered ice hockey was still an option.

I believe that no one can live without fun. No matter what happens people always find ways to have fun because the effect it has on them and others. I believe that if people cannot have fun, they start to break down mentally. People become cranky and it starts to affect their work which affects on how they act. For example, if a cashier doesn’t joke with a customer who is joking with her, the customer becomes unhappy because they are not having fun. Or the pre-school kids don’t have fun in school such as fun with numbers or colors, perhaps pictures or animals, because the teacher is very strict and does no sort of activities that would persue fun. Pre-school kids would not want to go to school anymore or it would make the kids dislike the teachers and not learn well because they are unhappy due to not having fun. Then there are teachers out of jobs.

“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”(Dale Carnegie).

I believe that people cannot live happily and successfully without fun.