Elizabeth - 46236, Indiana

Everyone has a strand of good in their body, this I believe. A person that likes to argue would say, what about Hitler. I think even Hitler is good deep, deep down inside; no one is pure evil.

Most people wear their personality on their sleeve but some hide it deep inside. Some people are so socially inept they don’t realize they are being rude and unpleasant. I have a cousin who lives in a world of comics and super heroes. Sometimes he doesn’t want to leave that world, but when he does he can be disrespectful towards others. All it takes is to get down on his level and chat with him about what his favorite super hero is.

On the way to Culver’s, one of our family’s favorite restaurants, my cousin was in the back seat smirking and being rude towards his mother. He was like this until I pulled out my conversation starter. “If you could be any animal what would you be?” I said.

Once I said that the conversation quickly changed from my aunt and my cousin bickering to questions like: if you could meet any one in the whole world who would you meet? Although my little cousin is snotty most of the time I know that deep inside of him he has some good, I’ll I had to do was ask.

Someone who just met my little cousin would think he was weird and rude but once you get to know him he’s not that bad. The key to seeing the good in people sits right next to not judging them on your fist meeting. People can always surprise you.

I trust the human race. I trust they are always meaning well, but we’re human and make mistakes. I trust my friends and family never to intentionally hurt me. I trust the goodness in the human race’s hearts and I trust that it will shine through even in the darkest of times. I believe that a smile is contagious just like yawning or the flu. Everyone is good; you just have to dig for it sometimes.

I am a nice person, but if you catch me on a bad day I won’t be as cheerful or nice to you as you might like. If you give me a second chance to show who I really am, I’ll give you one too.